Today I wanted to cover one of the questions I get asked quite frequently and that is…
For someone with few offline contacts and little online marketing experience how do they promote their opportunity, where and how do they get people to contact or sponsor?
I’ll admit sometimes I feel like I’ve been doing this too long and stumble to find the answer because it is never as easy as it sounds and it takes patience, practice, consistency and more often than not money for marketing.
I tell everyone the importance of branding, of getting out there and creating their own website whether they are good at html or not really isn’t that important in this day and age with all the great site builder hosted plans out their on the internet such as weebly.com, homestead.com and others. But for many I know this is a daunting task… branding and doing my ownwebsite was something I know I too for many years procrastinated on. Now don’t get me wrong I had plenty of websites of my own for my particular opportunitie and did lots of marketing online, but never got around until late to the personal branding, building a “personal” website and social media. I figured if what I was doing was working, why change… but you know by doing new things we branch out, learn, and you know what it increased my results 10 fold.
So if your reading this and dragging your feet on setting up your own website like I did, why not start now. Not keen on html, getting domain names and all that stuff… than see one of my previous posts on the hosted web packages that include sitebuilders and choose one that works for you.
An even simpler method, go to www.wordpress.com and set up a blog, EVEN if you DON’T have anything to write just at this moment if you don’t want to, just set one up for your personal branding or niche for the time being. What you want to put on your blog and post will come to you, just start writing about your opportunity, yourself, your team, your products, you’ll find as you go it gets easier and you find more to write about.
Ok, now back to what I was saying so many don’t know where to start to market their opportunity, they don’t have a personal website or blog, and just want to find the best way to get people to their company website or introduce them to their opportunity, so that’s the focus of this post.
1. Classified Advertising Websites, even free classified sites will help you get your feet wet on marketing online and start getting your opportunity and your name out there on the net. There are plenty of good free websites to use such as www.usfreeads.com , do a search on google for mlm classifieds, free classifieds, etc… and you’ll come up with dozens of places to post an ad.
Keep your ad short, captivating, and be sure that your Subject or Headline Entices them to Open your Ad, without exaggerating. : )
2. Search Ezine Advertising (an Ezine is an Online Magazine or even newsletter) and find good ezines in your target market (home based business, mlm, opportunties, work from home) and place an ad for their readership. www.solo-ads.com , www.mywizardads.com, etc… Solo ads are great, as your ad goes to the Ezine Subscribers Solo (By Itself) so you can make your ad longer and have the benefit of having the readers full attention.
3. Try Email Marketing. Believe it or not email marketing isn’t dead and I use to use this method heavily when I first started marketing. www.rent-a-list.com is a good place to start.
4. CraigsList. While I don’t search Craigslist I know alot of people do and while you may not get alot of response depending on your ad from people searching there, it will often times get you good organic search engine results if you use the right key words for your opportunity in your ad.
5. If your adventurous and have extra marketing funds you might want to give PPC or Pay Per Click Advertising a try… just remember depending on what keywords you are using it can get costly and you will be paying for some just clicking on your ads to be curious and not necessarily interested in what your offering. There is alot of information on the internet on PPC so it is worth a look, I used to advertise like this quite often but I was paying typically hundreds per week if not more with this method. So you have to way the costs to what you are promoting and the returns.
6. Create your Signature File to go at the end of EVERY email that you send out or respond to. Example:
Rhonda L Wagner
Making a Living Online and Loving It
Let Me Show You How
skype me: rhonda.wagner
I’m sure many have better but this one works for me. Ready to step your signature line up a notch? Check out Esig
It’s all about getting comfortable working online, stepping outside of the box a bit, growing your skill set and as they say practice makes perfect. There are many great articles out there online that you can get ideas from for marketing online, and be sure to check out other posts here on my blog.
Many of the above ideas will help you get started, help get your opportunity and your name circulating out there on the internet, and most will work best if you have your own domain and website, but we’ll leave that for another post.
Live For Prosperity,